Energy Efficient On-Site Generation for a More Sustainable and Secure Future
The Inspirit Charger empowers building owners to meet both their heat and power needs on-site from a discrete compact unit, providing low carbon energy under their own direct control when the power is needed, regardless of prevailing weather conditions.
- Reduced electricity bills through on-site generation from low cost natural gas
- Reduced carbon footprint through low carbon natural gas power generation
- Reduced carbon footprint by removing losses in transmission of power through the national grid
- Reduced dependence on grid supply
- Generates heat and power when wanted, regardless of wind and/or sun conditions at the time
- No structural or planning permission required
- No more maintenance than a standard gas fired boiler
- Inspirit’s unique ‘Sealed for life’ peace of mind guarantee
- Quiet operation
- Ability to automatically regulate heat output to meet building needs
- Potential to benefit from UK Government low carbon support (Feed In Tariff or similar)
2011 - Inspirit Energy plc is formed
2006 - Trial Stage Successfully Completed
2003 - First Trial Stage
1985 - Sigma Adopt the Stirling Engine Project
Inspirit Charger installation and maintenance
The Inspirit Charger has been specifically designed to allow installation almost identically to a standard gas condensing boiler. As a result the appliance installation is within the skillset of any registered gas boiler installer.
Apart from the electrical output, the unit presents the same gas, water, condensate and flue connections as most gas boilers plus flue flexibility to allow multiple installation options.
Further, the “sealed for life” design of the Stirling engine power module means that maintenance of the unit is also within the same gas boiler service engineer’s skillset. Subsequent cost and service intervals are also similar to most gas boilers. This is a major advantage of the Inspirit Charger over other generating technologies which need specialist and expensive skills and, often, much more frequent service checks.
The appliance can be installed as a stand alone unit or as an “add-on” to existing heating plant room systems. Multiple Inspirit Chargers can also be installed, in “cascade” style, to provide a wide range of flexible heating outputs.
The appliance produces hot water (for domestic water or central heating) and electrical output simultaneously.
Very Low Maintenance
None of the standard maintenance issues of a combustion engine - just a gas safe compliance check once a year.
Estimated Delivery Begins: 2016